Image Map

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza


This week's pizza was inspired by a sandwich I used to make in California. I used balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a little garlic to marinate the chicken for about 1 hour. I used 1 breast for this pizza. After it was don't marinating, I sautéed it on the stove until it was done. I've found that if you cook it with the lid on, the chicken stays pretty juicy.

While the chicken was cooking, I worked on roasting a red pepper on the flames of the stove. Get the skins all black, let them cool a bit, then peel all of the skin off. You can also do this with your broiler, but since we have a gas range now, that's what I used.


I made some sauce with about 2 T. basil paste, 1/4 of the red pepper, 1/4 c. olive oil, and about 2 cloves of garlic. Blend until it's the consistency you'd like. We need a new blender, and about 1/2 of mine got out of the blender pitcher, but I made it work. It ended up being a little like a red pepper pesto sauce.


For the crust, I decided to try Bobby Flay's pizza crust. I don't think I let it raise long enough, and the car wasn't quite hot enough, but it still turned out alright. (I only made 1/2 the batch).


Cut up chicken, roasted red peppers, and break up some Meunster cheese


Spread the sauce on the crust (I needed a little more than I ended up with)

 
Add the chicken, peppers, and Meunster cheese (I had a "helper")


 
Add some Mozzarella cheese (My "helper" continues to try to eat the dough and cheese)
 

 
Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes
 



This was pretty good. Tom even said it was good, but he wanted more sauce on it.

 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment