Image Map

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Decorating



This is the first year I have really decided to decorate for Christmas. I used a branch to hang stockings on last year, but that was about the extent of it, considering we had a gross junky house anyways. This year, I decided to use the branch idea and from there, decided on a rustic "theme" with ivory, white, brown, cream....that sort of thing. I still need to wrap some presents, but other than that, I probably won't do much else; I need to work on Christmas presents in my free time instead of decorating!

First up is the tree! I realllly wanted to get a real tree this year, but after weighing the options, I decided to just use our fake 4 foot tree because we are lazy and we already had this. Maybe next year we will start a tradition of going out to get a real tree. I used small lights and old-fashioned ones....I had gotten both a few years ago on clearance! For garland, I had some lace, and I bought some pom-pom strands. For ornaments, I bought some birch slices and hot-glued ribbon onto them.

 
 
Then, Elsie and I painted on them. I tried to make the ones she painted look good by painting something on them with black because we didn't have brown, and it was a fail. The owl isn't so bad, but I hate the deer one....
 

I went outside and gathered some sticks to make stars, broke them into pieces that were pretty straight and about the same length, then hot-glued them together for stars. I got lazy and only made a few, one for the top of the tree.





We don't have a fireplace, so last year, I came up with hanging our stockings from a branch. Last year, I had made some ugly and tacky stockings, so I decided I wanted new ones this year. I used Tom's from last year and added a T because I liked that one. Here are the finished stockings hanging on the branch above our tv:




For the front door, I had a grapevine (Is that what it's called?) wreath that I had used for fall with bittersweet on it. I took that off, bought a monogram F and covered it with yarn.




Then made some felt flowers and hot-glued it all on.


I'm not sure I 100% like it, but it will work!

 
Christmas time is so pretty! 


 



 


 
Now onto making felt food and other things for Christmas gifts!!! Have a happy holidays!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment