Image Map

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole with Venison



Here's a casserole I invented on a whim on my day off before a stretch of 3 work days, and I needed something so the rest of the fam wouldn't order pizza every. single. day. We were also slightly limited on ingredients on hand. So, I came up with bacon cheeseburger casserole!

Ingredients:


Boiled the pasta until tender (there was about 1/3 of a box left)


Fried 3 strips of bacon


I drained the juice from my canned tomatoes, and chopped them up, there was still a little juice, but it worked. Combined that with the pasta, 3/4 lb Venison and onion mix I had frozen a little while ago, can of Cheddar cheese soup, 2 T. ketchup, 1 T. mustard, and 1/2 cup milk.


Mixed all of that up, and plopped it in a greased Casserole dish....this was my big one because there were too many noodles for the small one that I usually use. Then, I topped it with Sharp cheddar cheese and the crumbled bacon.


Then, I put it in the refrigerator for my husband to cook while I was at work. I'm guessing he cooked it at 375° for about 30 minutes, but we'll really never know. He texted me that night and said "Best casserole ever. Awesome" So, that made me feel pretty good, and this is what the pan looked like when I got home.


Sorry, these are awful pics. Maybe I will make it some night when I am home and take some photos of it. But overall, I would say success. The Make-do tuna casserole that I tried, however, ....well, that was a fail. This was pretty good....a little like a cheesy goulash, will definitely make it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment