Image Map

Monday, February 10, 2014

Venison Roast


So, today, I am supposed to be posting Abbott's 9 month pictures, but we didn't get those taken today, so that's going to have to wait until tomorrow. Instead, I will share another venison meal we had the other night. After seeing this sandwich served in the nursing home, I had been craving one for some reason, which is strange because I don't really like mashed potatoes, and this is not a normal meal at our house. I decided to go with it.

Ingredients:

Slice up the onion and throw it in the bottom of the Crock


Add in the Venison roast on top


(I don't usually buy seasoning packets, but I got this a while ago and we had it, so I figured, why no use it?) I mixed 1 packet with 1/2 c. water


I added about 1/2 the bag of carrots on top


Then, poured on the seasoning/water mixture


Then covered and cooked on low for 6 hours.


Took it out and sliced it up



We made it into these sandwiches (I'm sure there is some name for them, but I'm not sure what it is) with mashed potatoes and gravy over top of a piece of bread with roast slices.






This was pretty good, but really, I liked it better when I scooped the mashed potatoes off of there and added some kethup!

No comments:

Post a Comment