Image Map

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Shrimp Scampi Pizza

 

Shrimp scampi is pretty delicious. Tom and I both really like shrimp, and we used to have it more often, but we haven't had it for a while. So, I decided that we needed to have pizza with shrimp! I have made a pizza similar to this before. This turned out really good though.

I started with the thin-crust dough recipe that I seem to be using all the time now. 6T. water, 1/2 tsp. yeast, 1 c. flour, 1/4 tsp. salt. It really does make a great thin crust.


My helper today (My usual helper was taking a late nap)


I made chicken alfredo a couple nights ago and saved about 1/2 c. of the alfredo sauce from that, but the recipe I use is 1 stick of butter, 8 oz. cream cheese, some garlic, 1 c.? milk, and 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan, and some parsley. Apparently, my sauce got chunky after refrigerating it after cooking it. It still turned out good though. So, I spread that around on my crust.


Added some Mozzarella cheese and "Pizza" cheese (a blend of Mozzarella, Parmesan, and some others)

 

 
 I layed the shrimp on top. and then baked at 475 for 10 minutes.
 
 
While this was going, I melted some butter with some minced garlic.
 

 
Tired little guy.
 

 
And it's ready!
 

I brushed on the garlic butter after it cooled for a little bit.
 


 
Mmmm shrimp.
 
I had some salad and garlic bread with my pizza. Pretty.
 



 
We both really liked it. I may use a different alfredo sauce when I make it again though. It was a little too cream cheese-y for me. Tom said I "nailed it" though.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment