Image Map

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Southwest BBQ Burger Pizza


 
After taking a break from pizza making last week due to our crazy schedules and never being home at the same time, I decided to make another kind of pizza. I decided to test out a Southwest style burger (you know, the ones with BBQ sauce and onion rings on them) as a pizza. I wanted it to have ranch and BBQ for the sauce, but we didn't have any Ranch dressing and I was too lazy to make some, so I just used Ranch seasoning spices.
 
First, I sliced some ground beef off of a chunk that I had just bought, and added some Lawry's seasoning salt, then seared both sides. (I think it would make a better pizza if it was cooked less I have decided)
 

For the crust, I wanted a thicker crust, and used a basic yeast pizza dough recipe.

 
My little "helper" was here too....she loves to pick at the dough and eat it. Added the Ranch seasonings (Parsley, garlic, onion powder, dill, pepper, salt)


Swirl of BBQ sauce
 

Add the burger

 
Mozzarella and a little parmesan cheese


Then, this is where I should have done it differently. I baked the pizza without the onion strings on it, but I think it would go together better if they are added before baking the pizza. So, here are the onions soaking in the milk. After this, I coated them with flour, salt, pepper, and a little cayenne pepper. Then, fried them in hot oil.

 
It got a little more done than I would have liked....

 
And we STILL need to get a different pizza pan. Topped with the onion strings (Again, you should add them before cooking.....these just fell right off the pizza. I don't think they would get too burnt if added before cooking. But if you are scared, add them midway through baking the pizza.)



 
Mmm....It was pretty good. Just needed Ranch dressing instead of seasoning, meat added before it is fully cooked, and onion strings added sooner to be in the cheese. It came together pretty well though.



No comments:

Post a Comment