Image Map

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Elsie is 4!!




I can't believe this little girl is 4 years old. I think I'm going to say that every single year on each child's birthday, because it just doesn't seem possible how quickly time goes any more. I feels like not too long ago, we were living in California preparing for her to arrive, but in a way, it also feels like forever ago. It's very strange.

We have started the tradition of celebrating her birthday while camping, so I guess that will continue which I have no problem with. She really wanted a kitty cake, so I whipped this up in my parents' camper and it didn't turn out too bad.


 She really likes cats right now. We went on vacation to South Dakota and after going to the Laura Ingalls Wilder house and doing so much fun stuff, her favorite part was the kittens in the barn there. She has also requested to be a cat for Halloween. Now to figure out a way to make a cute cat outfit.

I am posting this late, but she has started Pre-K, one day down, and she loved it! She was a little nervous, but when I asked her if she had fun, she responded, "a little too much fun" haha, where does she come up with this stuff. Another thing that makes me laugh lately is that she never wants to go to bed. One night, she was telling me about how she likes to stay up late, and she said, "Why am I so different than you people?" Well Elsie, I don't really know. Some day, you'll appreciate laying in bed at 8pm. 

She's just lots of fun and only occasionally has meltdowns, but I like to think that's normal?

She's going to learn a lot at preschool, and I can't wait to see how much she keeps changing!

Some other pictures from the camping trip at Lake Anita where we celebrated her birthday with Grandpa and Grandma Berndt, Becky, Harper, Ryden, Scott, Christy, Braden, and Cael.








Ryden learning to ride with no training wheels!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment