Image Map

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Ceiling fan makeovers




I was originally thinking these fans had to go! But after seeing some successful spray painted ceiling fans on Pinterest, I decided to try it. Easier than taking the lights down and re-attaching new ones and much cheaper!

Here are the problematic fans, they're so shiny! There was one in each half of the large front family area of the house:



First, I took the light bulb, glass shades, and fan blades off.


I taped around the light sockets, and put plastic up on a large area on the ceiling. Then, spray painted the whole thing oil rubbed bronze.


Then, I cleaned the blades and painted the little metal things that attach the blades.




I'm not too crazy about these fan blades, and the other side had weird wicker inserts on them. But, I may paint them later or something.


All reassembled with new glass shades from Home Depot:




I think it looks so much better. Total cost was about $8 for spraypaint, and the glass shades were about $4 each, so $32 total! It would have been cheaper if I wouldn't have needed to replace the glass shades, but the floral purple things were not good.

These rooms need a little work, like something done to the ceiling and some different paint, and trim paint, but those are projects for another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment