Image Map

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Free Art!!!

Found this little gem that I started posting while living at my parent's house that I never actually posted. We currently have this needlework hanging in out kitchen, and the flower painting is in Elsie's room. I will post pics of the house we are renting after we get everything organized and I am happy with how everything looks....it may be a while, maybe some rooms sooner than others. :)

-------------
I haven't posted anything for a while, but I'm going to start again, mainly because I like putting pictures of neat stuff on here. Anyways, I was at work, and the nursing home was getting rid of some old art, so it was free if we wanted it, and I found these neat things. One is a hand embroidered "Give us this day our daily bread" framed cloth that was done by a nursing home resident in 1973. I don't think it got finished, the 'us' has some blue x's that arent' stitched. But I still like it.




The other is a painting I think done by another resident, but I think I like it too.  It's brighter in person than it looks in this picture


 



Well, that's all for now. I will post more when I get some other place to live and can decorate and cook and have faster internet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment